Thursday, January 6, 2011

CHEAP GUITAR MOMENT

1-For a beginner, the most associate brand of guitar was the legendary 'Kapok'.

2-I don't know the history of this brand, when did it sail and landed in Malaysia,how many unit sold,what variation it offer,what are the production year for each unit,what are the wood used,but one thing I do know is I love this guitar and I will keep it forever.

3-My first guitar,of,course,(acoustic/student scale to be appropriate) was Kapok .Cost my Mom bout RM60.00. Actually I didn't like it at first, because my Dad before wanted to buy me a more branded (of course a little more expensive) and thin bodied guitar. Me and my Dad actually make a trip to every supermarket in our hometown to find a guitar for me, but it is written my first guitar will be a Kapok. Natural finishes. Beautiful back, side and top. Since I don't want a single scratch on it made me put a brown tape around it. A very bad decision actually, cos when I pull the tape off later, the body finish also got pulled off.

4- The first or second day i just plucking it for 'ice breaking' session. I actually broke a string in just a few hour after I got the guitar. I thought it will be hell to get a replacement. No. Just go to old school stationary or book seller and bought with just a few ringgit per string.

5-Then I start to learn a few chords from my cousin. His style of teaching is kind of a bit straight. He wanted me to keep the rhythm part while he sing and do the lead part. Man, I only just start to play. So then he gave me a chord book. I wish I keep the book now. From it I start to learn chord progression and my first learn song is Benggawan Solo....airnya biru,dikala hujan turun....Emm. Phenomenal.

6- I forgot how I change the thick gauge of acoustic strings to nice execute thin electric strings. It's a whole lot different avenue. My playing turn to be more and more faster. Note to note in less than 1/4 second. Yes. Shredder to be. I start to learn Metallica songs. The earlier one is the riff on Memory Remain. The chorus part with the guitar keep along singing the Dadadada Dadada Dadadada Dadadada Dadadaa Dadadadada.

7-I start to improve later more in shredding then knowing the basic. I can create a simple but fast riff on the spot, but I cant find the chord if someone said i.e F5 to A5 and stay, then C5 and etc. This kind of problem is called 'flashy guitarist'. Yeah. I have been a flashy guitarist once.

8-Then I start to evolve. More and more. Try to read tab. A bit confusing actually, since in tab you cant predict what are the right tempo though most of the tab also included the tempo. 4/4 or 3/4 or etc. The most successful tab reading I made at that time was covering the intro to Sweet Child o' Mine.

Thought it's too long. I'm just going to stop here. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

KAWAN

Blog-blog saya yang lain

1SEKOLAH 1MALAYSIA